Hardwood floors add a beautiful, elegant, natural element to any home. In addition, they add value to your home and are popular in the resale home market. Advances in technology have led to our hardwood floors looking better, lasting longer, and easier to care for than ever.The decision to choose hardwood over other types of floor coverings are backed by the following facts:
- Value: Maintained properly, wood flooring should never have to be replaced. No other flooring option will hold value like hardwood - a good quality hardwood floor will last a ”lifetime”.
- Ecologically Responsible: Hardwood is the one of the only flooring materials which are harvested from a naturally sustainable source. The concern of depleting timber stocks cleared with no thought to the long term effects on our environment is now minimal. Most timber cut today is from responsibly managed forests. A reassuring fact is that there are more trees today compared to forty years ago.
- Indoor Air Quality: According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air quality is one of the top health threats today. Hardwood floors are recognized as contributing to a healthy living environment. Hardwood floors trap fewer allergens including dust, pollen, and dust mites than alternative flooring types. It is recommended by the American Lung Association to improve air quality.
- Stylish Design: Hardwood flooring is timeless. It enhances the warmth of any home, and its natural colours blend with the decor of any room. With today’s technology, the natural beauty of any hardwood species can be enhanced with factory stains, sizes and finishes.
- Easy to Maintain: To keep your floor in good shape and looking new, normal care such as sweeping or vacuuming with a soft broom or vacuum is generally all that is required on a consistent basis. Finishes are far more durable than in the past, the gloss of your floor is also designed to last many years. It is important to know that the only cleaner required for prefinished urethane floors are “Hardwood and Laminate” cleaners such as Bona Kemi. For full maintenance instructions please refer to “Maintenance and Care”.